Friday, June 20, 2014

things

The following is a list, complete with pictures, of things you might not know about my trip, my friends, or the country of Italy itself.

The following is in no specific order.

We have cots.

You can buy flowers off trucks.

People make out in the Pantheon.

I walk up and down 3 flights of slick, marble stairs to get to and from my apartment daily.

Sydney has recently become a model.

People do this for money. People give money to people who do this. People believe this is real.

Italians are content with one color outfits and several popping accessories.

The Backstreet Boys are at the Trevi Fountain and they've added one member.

Nuns do, in fact, go out on the town. However, in groups only and for chocolate only.

Men choose to wear purses. I repeat, men CHOOSE to wear purses.

Boo got a bed back home! 

This is not the real foot of Constantine. 

But this is the real head of Constantine.

Sunlight isn't always the best light.

A lot of people get married in Italy on any given day.

This is printed on a onesie.

Harry took us to dinner. Then Harry found my blog. Harry's real name is Dillon. Hey Dillon. 

Sydney enjoyed Florence. [This is for you, Emily.]

Anna enjoyed reading [and sleeping] in Florence.

Your dog can go shopping.

Tons of weddings.
When you pay to use the restroom, this is what it looks like.

The art store here is three, four, or five stories tall. They have Goliath as a customer.
[In case there's confusion, this is Sydney, not Goliath.]

Sydney got her head stuck in a church.

Anna enjoys reading [and sleeping] in Rome.

Joke's on you! We're actually in Germany.

Mississippi is a disaster without me.

Sydney and I are still alive!

A lot of their advertisement is in English. Can they read it or not?

iPad selfies have become popular.
We walked on the red carpet where a movie was being filmed.

The ONLY gas station we've seen in Rome.

FaceTime isn't Boo's thing.

We went to the Andy Warhol exhibit!

Where I took this illegal photograph of my favorite painting of his. 
Anna gave me a pedicure. I paid her 20 euro in return.

This is our apartment, where we live on the top floor!
[Our windows are the corner one, the three on the left, and the three on the right.]

Sydney is adventurous, daring, and is breaking the law.

We've found several restaurants that are "buy your drink, then it's all you can eat" FOR FREE.
ALL YOU CAN EAT FOR FREE.

Desserts here are the best. [Tiramisu cupcake].

Girls just wanna have fun.

Ukrainian citizens had a protest against U.S. "interference" in Ukraine the other day.

There's a carnival going on all summer down by the Tiber River.

We went to a Papal Audience this past Wednesday. If only we had a baby to attract the pope over.

We got to St. Peter's Square early enough to be on the eighth row.

We found salted french fries. SALTED. FRENCH. FRIES.

We are still obsessed with Rome, even if it's rained the past four days.

Today, I reached single digits until I return home. I cannot wait to see my family and friends, but I'm not ready to leave Rome just yet.

If only I could fly you all here to enjoy this beautiful life and experience God has given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment