Tuesday, May 20, 2014

from freshman year to fifth year

Sydney and I met freshman year and immediately bonded over late night painting parties in the dorm. Sophomore year, we both decided to drop our science-driven majors and start the road to becoming graphic designers. Over the past four years, we've had an absolute blast at State. Now onto our fifth and most fun year - beginning with the trip of a lifetime. One week until we leave for Rome! (Whoever decided this was a good idea might be regretting it as they are reading this)

I'm pumped about:
Meeting New People – Most people I meet have been previously warned about my sarcasm and/or my strong personality. We will see how this goes with the Italians through my resting ______ face.
Gelato – Obviously. I love, love, love dessert. If this is the only thing I find that I like to eat, I think I'll make it out alive just fine.
Getting Lost in Italy – I keep hearing about all the “textbook” places I have to see. I can't wait to just explore and find something new that I don't already know about.

I'm nervous about:
Packing – I can easily pack three bags for one weekend. How am I supposed to know today what I'm going to feel like wearing in three weeks?
“Studying” – I haven't quite figured out how to go abroad without studying, so until then I'm in two art classes: 1] Special Problems in Drawing and 2] Art, Culture, and Gardens in Italy. Luckily, they are both touring classes and each only twice a week.
Exchange Rate – Why is this a thing! Basically same thing as me flushing American dollars down the toilet. Fingers crossed I won't run out of money by the second week.


More than likely, my next post will be from halfway across the world! I can't wait to see what the Eternal City has in store for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment